CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Lilypie

Friday, August 29, 2008

What a Week!

Wow! This has been a crazy and very hectic week for me. I have been in 5 different airports and 4 cities in the last 4 days. I left Tuesday morning to head to Phoenix for 2 days and returned to Dallas late Wednesday night. I was in Dallas for less than 12 hours, leaving Thursday morning to fly to San Antonio. I stayed in San Antonio last night, woke up this morning and flew to Houston, then flew home this afternoon. So I am very happy to be back home to see my boys.
Today was Rosalina's last day. I barely made it home in time to say goodbye. We have been so blessed to have her for the last year. She has made life with infant twins much easier for us. Everyone is always asking us how we make this look so easy - I think the correct answer is Rosalina! So it will be interesting to see how we do without her. I am sad though that the boys will not understand why she does not come back. I wish we could explain it to them.

So this means we are starting "school" (aka daycare) on Tuesday. I am both excited and worried about the upcoming week. I hope it does not take the boys long to get used to school. I think they will be pretty upset the first few days, but hopefully they will enjoy all of the activities that are in store for them. They will have music time, which I am so excited about, as well as Bible story time, playground time, nap time, etc.

Speaking of music, I am very anxious to move to a bigger house so I have room for a piano. I have been waiting and waiting to get a piano. And now that we have children, I really want to get one because I want them to be exposed to music in our house. So there was a clearance sale last week at Steinway Hall and I decided to go check it out. I know that Steinway is considered the best and is therefore expensive, but I wasn't prepared for the price tags I saw, even the sale price tags. If I could have my pick of any of the pianos there, it would be a basic black grand piano, probably around 6'. The clearance price was around $55,000 (regular price around $70,000). The cheapest Steinway grand was a used 5' piano for the bargain price of $35,000. So I guess I won't be getting a Steinway any time soon. Unless, of course, we win the lottery. But I guess we would have to buy a lottery ticket for that to happen. Maybe I should add a couple bucks a week into our budget for that.

0 comments: