CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Lilypie

Monday, August 18, 2008

My Little Smurfs

I finally have some pictures of the boys' first birthday to post. Gee and Pops (my parents) came to visit so I was able to download pictures from my mom's camera. I didn't end up taking any pictures that day with my camera because my hands were full. So anyway, here they are.

We had their party in our backyard on July 5 so it was pretty hot. To keep the kiddos entertained and cool, we filled up the baby pool and let them swim. We have discovered that Ben is our little fish - he doesn't care how cold the water is, he will stay in there all day. Henry prefers to sit outside the pool and splash and chew on the pool toys.

Ben and Henry's first friends from their days in the NICU, Luke and Jacob Patterson, came to the party and enjoyed the pool as well. In the photo, Luke is playing with the bucket in the pool.

Other party guests included all of the boys' cousins, including little Hayley, their buddy Mason, and neighbor Matilda.















For their first birthday cake, I decided to get one of those cupcake cakes that is really lots of cupcakes put together and iced as one big cake. I had them shape it like a big cupcake with a candle on it to match the invitations. It turned out really cute. Then I had two individual cupcakes for the boys to eat. They had blue icing so my two little angels looked like smurfs when they were done. We took them straight from their high chairs to the pool in the backyard to wash off the blue icing from their faces, hands, and bellies. All in all, it was a great first birthday and I think everyone had a good time.














0 comments: