CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Lilypie

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day!

I guess a more accurate description would be "Ice Day." The boys have stayed home from school the past two days thanks to the winter weather. I was in Phoenix Monday and Tuesday so Andy stayed home with them yesterday. I was lucky enough to make it home last night before the ice got too bad, but we woke up to find the driveway, streets, and Andy's truck covered with ice. School was closed again, as well as the doctor's office (the boys had an appointment scheduled for this morning), so I stayed home with them today while Andy braved the cold to go into the office for a few hours.


We headed down to Houston this past weekend to see Dave Ramsey with Christi and Bryan. Andy and I recently completed his Financial Peace University class so we were excited at the opportunity to see him live. We got Christi and Bryan tickets for Christmas and then Christi called into the show to get his advice and he gave her two more tickets. So Andy and I got to tag along. Thanks to Gee and Sally for watching all of the kids all day!

The boys had their 18-month check-up a couple of weeks ago. I can't believe they are 18 months old! The time has flown by and before I know it, they'll be in kindergarten. Andy has been encouraging me to post some trips down memory lane so be prepared for us to rewind a bit. I had considered starting a blog when I was pregnant but didn't think I would keep up with it. Now I wish I had so I would have some sort of documentation of that time. So I will just have to try to do it now while I can still remember everything.
Other than that, here are a few pictures of the boys with one of their favorite (and most annoying) toys. It is a cat piano with a microphone, which they have discovered and love to talk into. One of the particularly annoying features is the "Meow" sound. You know the Meow Mix commercial with the song "Meow, meow, meow, meow,...?" You can play that on this piano! I'll try to record it and post it one day so everyone can experience it.

0 comments: